Sunday, September 14, 2008

um, yeah. so i'm in california.

so apparently i live in california now. it's a bit of a shock, really.
i just had my first sighting of the parrots.
it smells like australia (there are stringy barks here!)
i live on a beautiful street, lined with trees like a canopy, with one palm stuck in the middle.
a few blocks away is colorado blvd, home of the rose parade, and lots of fun stores and restaurants. apparently, per capita, pasadena is 2nd only to nyc in restaurants.
i'm a bit lonely, and i wonder why i wanted to come out a whole week before orientation begins (and the chance to meet a lot of other new people).
when i need to laugh out loud, i just go to lolcats. love it. ha!
i spotted a del taco. i'll have to see what all the fuss from bryan and jim is about soon.
there's a target within walking distance. i've been here 24 hrs and been there twice.
the weather here just be just fantabulous. the baggage claim at the airport (BUR) was outside. the stairwell to my building is open at the bottom.
it's odd to not have furniture. i got an air mattress, and i think i'll go buy a camping chair in just a few minutes. my 3rd trip to target! yes!
there are huge planters of rosemary that are at the entrance to my building. yum.
man, those parrots are noisy!
i can see the mountains, too, which looks awfully dry. no wonder there are so many wildfires!
i apparently live in the "playhouse district". at least that's what all the signs on lightpoles say.
i can use the oven anytime! yes!!!!
i'm excited to see joel and ann marie tomorrow.
courtney should arrive tues, from what i last heard.
i can't believe the generosity of my friends and family. between my birthday and going away gifts, i received over $600 worth of cash and gift cards. THANK YOU!!!

i think i'm gonna like this place.

2 comments:

David Stone said...

I went to Pasedena a few years ago for my Perspectives Coordinator workshop and I flew into Burbank. I loved that airport! When I flew out we boarded on the tarmac. It was pretty freaking sweet! Hope you are having fun and looking forward to starting Seminary!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it. Hopefully Cortney is there now and you can get some furniture :) I love you!
-Suzanne