Sunday, March 29, 2009

my evening

so.... i got off work at 4pm. i stopped to try to find some new shoes for work, but alas, none of the styles that would be ok were in my size. sigh. so i bought some flip-flops instead.

when i got home, i started making a pizza (YUM), then had a much-needed hour-long phone call with a friend. i owe many, MANY people phone calls, and i'm so sorry that i haven't made time for them yet. i've not been a very good friend! this conversation was pretty selfish, too, but i got to talk through some things that i know God wants to work on in me - pray for me! i'm so selfish and prideful!

i was able to catch stacey before she got too far away, so she came back to get me to go to dan's show. wow!! i knew he was good, but i didn't realize he is THAT good! i really enjoyed the show. it was longer than i was expecting, which was a nice surprise!!! i've heard about several of the songs he played tonight, and i've heard some of the lyrics before, but i hadn't heard the songs with the guitar, too. for example:

I don't want you to walk away
thinking my affections stray.
I'm not one to lose attention
on what I fashion from clay.
I stay until the work is done -
until beauty is complete.
Then I call everything home
as gently as I breathe.

uh, yeah. like that awesome. the other guys that played were also quite talented - much better than any other church-coffee-shop-night i'd ever been to (or heard of)!

then i went with flo and eric to see slumdog millionaire. it was definitely a good film (see? i'm calling it a "film", not a "movie"!), but it wasn't as awesome as some others think. it was definitely worth the $3 i forked over for it, and it was certainly entertaining, real, and funny. good times.

so then tonight, i came home and am making cookies. yes it's 1:54am, but the last batch is about to come out of the oven. when i'm at a loss for everything else in my life, cookies still make sense. even if i can't write a paper, or decipher a friendship, or anything else, i can still bake cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey you've found the answer to possibly why I cook too! I love you friend!
- The Shanster