Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I've Jumped on the Bandwagon...

Welcome to my blog! It probably won't be very interesting, but perhaps someday it will encourage someone, or give insight into my mostly non-consistent life, or perhaps just give someone something to do every now and again to aleviate some boredom. Ha!

So in professional news, I am now a "temporary permanent sub" at FC, a high school just around the corner from my house. Not where I went to high school, mind you, but actually closer. Which means that I get a daily job (as opposed to not being able to get a job some days) at the same location (as opposed to travelling to 8 different high schools around the city) that pays a little better than being a regular sub! It still isn't enough to support myself, really, if I lived on my own, but thankfully, my parents are generous enough to let me live with them, rent free, for the time being. And as the permanent sub at FC for the next 4 weeks, they give me all the crappy jobs that any normal sub would stay away from. For example, tomorrow I am a special ed assistant, which would normally pay about half of what I'm getting. On Friday, I get earth science, the class that I had at a different school that was just murderous. I prefer to stay away from freshmen, if at all possible, mainly because I don't have the patience for them. So thank you, FC, for the job, but you can keep your freshmen. If only they would listen. But, I'll settle for the regular, higher paying job than staying away from freshmen.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Yay for entering the blogsphere! I've discovered that posts are probably more theraputic for me than they are interesting or fun for my readers (all 3 of them!) Gives me an opportunity to process. Enjoy sharing your life with us as you trot the globe!