Sunday, February 26, 2006

the Olympics

I love the Olympics. I was deprived of watching the Summer Olympics 2 years ago, so I think I made up for it this time around. So much fun! I'm not a huge sports fan, usually, but in the spirit of international glory, I found myself loving the blurbs about who the athletes are and why it is so special for them to be there. For example, I found it very interesting to hear about the first-ever Turkish ice skater. Even as I am watching the closing ceremonies, it is great to see all the athletes having such a good time! As they walked it, it was fun to see them taking photos with their cameras and riding on one anothers' shoulders. Makes me wish I were there. So, Vancouver 2010, here I come? I can only hope! Not to mention I love hearing Dean Martin singing "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore!" Everything is so well choreographed, it is simply a delight to watch these closing ceremonies. Ciao!

No comments: