Thursday, August 24, 2006

i still want to answer every phone with "scialdone and taylor"

i'm feeling rather lethargic toward my europe trip. tuesday was my last day of work, and i'm not leaving until next tuesday. i felt like i should be leaving by now, so perhaps i'm just anxious to go, and not thinking about it is the way to not drive myself crazy. it is so so so weird that i honestly don't know where i'll be in a week. next thurs nite, i don't know where i'll be. it's just odd. it isn't like i don't know where i'll be, but i'm on a trip where someone else is in control and knows. nobody knows. well, besides God.

i had a good time at BG yesterday. it was kind of a last thrill, the last time i'll use my summer pass. it was good to hang out with suzanne and neal and get to know them better. brian also came and rode a whopping (count 'em) 2 roller coasters. at least he got free parking!

it's hitting again how i have no idea what i'm doing with my life. i've got a little more peace thanks to 2 well-timed comments that others have said that have impacted me deeply in the last week. i know that i will eventually be living overseas, at least for a few years. i don't know where that will be, but it is not likely that hair dryers are a necessity.

i am helping my dad with his business for a few days. it's kinda funny... if it were anyone's but his, i would have signed on long ago. i'm totally behind the thought of what he's doing, and i would love to be a part of it under normal circumstances, but working with my dad is not normal circumstances. as much as i love him, working with him is not a good thing for us. it just wouldn't work. and thankfully, since i am leaving, i don't have to worry about the work streching on longer than it should, and i have a planned "out" which makes it easier.

so after working at the law firm, i know that i can work in administrative/customer service positions, but it would have to be in an industry or office that i "believe in." law is not such an industry. missions would be.

back to europe... ginny let me know today she won't be joining me. big bummer. i'm rethinking my whole trip now, wanting to spend more time in morocco. i've been really interested in africa as of late, and although morocco doesn't really fit in africa, europe, or the middle east, it still is the same continent. just like turkey isn't all that asian, but it counts! paris, norway, morocco, italy, and seeing friends are all my priorities now. so we shall see!

i'll keep y'all updated on a somewhat regular basis of what i'm up to and what i've been doing. since all 3 of you read this. ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You best keep this thing updated while you're gone!

Brad said...

Hey, come visit me in Graz. Seriously. You are welcome. You could even give a biographical talk to my meteo class, about what its like to have a degree in meteorology but not pursue a meteorology-related career. (At least not now. I think you just might miss it though. Maybe you could teach science one day to kids who love clouds. Wouldnt that be nice). As they say in L'Republic, bon voyage & bon vacances!

Shane said...

Have an AWESOME trip Dianne!
I hope you are stretched and get your breath taken away by God's power and love! :-)

God bless and keep you.

Anonymous said...

D - I'm offended! I'm the 5th reader and you didn't mention me in your post. J/K. Have a blast.

Anonymous said...

boy this is interesting.

I think I wish I could have said what tina did.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Dianne! How was your trans-atlantic flight? I miss you already! Please keep us posted!

You are an awesome joyful woman of God!

Dianne is a prettier word than should :)
Mary Z