Tuesday, January 09, 2007

thankful

i'm thankful for:

coffeemate peppermint mocha stuff to add to my coffee. i love this stuff and had to stock up at christmas time, since it's only a seasonal flavor.

xanga and it's automatic subscriptions. i love how my friends' updates are automatically sent to me, and they include a link back to the comments section. i was just thinking of how easy this made keeping in touch with my friends while i was overseas. next time i'm overseas, i need to make use of this more!

my car. it's mine. i can go where i want, when i want. even tho "ken" is a bit of a teenage punk sometimes.

having so many friends in oklahoma, the dallas area and along the way that it is hard to pick who to spend time with over the course of a week. i'm driving out for a wedding in less than 3 weeks, and it's so hard to choose!

my dear friends who are getting married in less than 3 weeks! i'm so excited for them, and both have been a huge blessing to my life. i don't think either one knows how much they mean to me! i am so delighted to be able to share in their joy!

first landing state park/seashore state park. i still call it seashore, even tho it's officially first landing now. but i love running/walking the trails out there. i don't love the parking fees, but sometimes it's worth it! i think my favorite is the osmanthus trail, which runs just about 3.5 miles from the car park, around the loop, and back. second is the bald cypress, which i was so happy to walk with my parents this past saturday when the weather was SO amazing!

my cat. oh, the joy he gives me. he is so cute! and sometimes, so obnoxious! like when, at 3am, he decides he wants to play, and therefore gets his toy, sits in the hall, and yowls his head off, trying to rouse us from sleep to play with him. oy. but ya gotta love him. well, i do, at least!

generous friends. i received one particularly generous gift for Christmas from a friend, and i am still blown away every time i think about it. i frequently enjoy this gift and am so grateful for it! it makes me wonder how much of a "gifts" person i am, in terms of the "love languages". "gifts" is my lowest category of the 5 (quality time is waaaay first, words of affirmation, physical touch, acts of service and gifts). maybe it's higher than i used to think. maybe i just am able to receive love in all of the ways! but so many of my friends are generous, no matter what love language they operate in, and not always with me. i love that most of my friends are very quick to give of themselves and be unselfish in many ways... with their families, serving the poor/homeless/underprivileged, financially. wow. just thinking about it all makes me feel guilty, and rightly so. i need to get over myself more and quit being so selfish!

No comments: