Sunday, October 07, 2007

it's been a while...

i don't know if anyone ever reads this, sorry if you do!

lots of things going on in my head and heart, but not much i'm willing to make public.

i really enjoy the bux these days. i was really annoyed to have to work all 7 days this week to make my 39.5 hrs, but i'm glad i got the hours! and it wasn't planned that way, i covered a couple shifts for others. which gives me bonus points with the boss!

i'm going camping next weekend! so excited! it will be interesting to see who goes and what happens, but i am excited, fo sho!

the next weekend i'm going to oklahoma and texas. (so it's a good thing i worked so many hours this week as i'll miss out on some hours while i'm away.) amanda is getting married!! and i get to see my sister's new house and hopefully a lot of old friends. it will be a bit difficult as i won't have a car and i'll have to arrange rides everywhere. but i think it will work out.

my sister and husband are coming here for thanksgiving, but not christmas. my other sister won't make it at all this year. and grandmother will be here for 3 weeks at Christmas.

in other, longer term plans, i am thinking/planning on grad school next year... i've found a program that interests me... a master's in crosscultural studies at fuller, coupled with a master's in TESOL (teaching english to speakers of other languages) from biola. if i study full time (incl summers), it's possible to finish 2 master's in 3 years. we'll see if that happens. it will be tough, tho.

and i want to take the 2nd quarter off (the winter quarter) to go to latin america. my ideal would be to spend a month in guatemala learning spanish, a month with the killingsworths in nicaragua, and then a month travelling peru and chile. i'd love to hike part of the inca trail, see machu picchu, lake titicaca, the atacama desert, santiago, the lakes district, torres del paine, the glaciers and tierra del fuego. yup, it's a lot. we'll see if it works. but it's more than a year away, and a lot can (and will!) happen, but as of now, that's my dream. anyone want to come? ;-)

3 comments:

aggierudy3 said...

Where are you going in Texas? I've missed you, especially when I hear the A&M student meteorologist on NPR.

sshark07 said...

so if any of the traveling coinsides with my christmas break, I'm so there!
-Suzanne

Brad said...

1. I still read this blog.

2. My door is open in Santiago. (When I get there!)

3. Guatemala is a GREAT place to become fluent in spanish: cheap language classes, fun culture, and beautiful nature. I can recommend a nice language school in Antigua.