Thursday, April 24, 2008

oh, God, have mercy!

so there i was, sitting in my kitchen in my climate controlled house, wearing my pj's and drinking coffee with plenty of cream and sugar, reading this newspaper article. and i started weeping.

and it makes me mad that there's this kind of crap still going on in the world. and i want to do something about it so badly. so i could go to grad school for some specific international relief and development program to learn more about what to do, cos i have no earthly idea. so i get an advanced diploma to help kids who have nothing. it seems so twisted and backward.

and all i can do is weep and pray and hope to God that one day i'll be able to do something more, that one day i'll be equipped to bring hope and help to kids like this. to families who can't feed their own kids. to religious leaders who are selfish and greedy and abusive.

oh God, have mercy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That article makes me sick!
When you figure out what to do to help them, I want to go to! I think it would be cool to spend my summers wherever you are doing redevelopment stuff. Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love with a place and stay there for good.
-Suzanne

Unknown said...

hey girl i read the same article the other day as well. i thought about the 3 boys who were in training as talibe and the many that i saw on the streets every day! they start them out young and when you see their eyes you see the pain they endure. you want to hold them and bathe them and feed them well. they are scrany and sickly from running the streets barefoot and eating people's leftovers. it really is an awful situation but it will take a lot to change the culture so that this doesn't continue. i'm so thankful God used you to pray for them! blessings!