Sunday, February 15, 2009

stories

i shared my story yesterday. and it was a story i don't share often, or perhaps the reality is i've never shared it that way before. i connected things and thought about my story in a new way.

i usually say something along the lines of "the 3 years i was living at home in VA were hard." i might add that the first 5 months were especially so. but i don't usually go into how depressed or suicidal i was. and it's a scary thing to admit, especially to myself.

but praise be to the God of hope, who gives good gifts (and trips) to His children! He alone is the one who rescued me from the pit of despair, who sets my feet on a firm foundation - His love and grace. He is my life, my love, my hope, my praise.

Oh praise the One who paid my debt, who raised this life up from the dead!

No comments: