Friday, October 20, 2006

off to morocco

so i am sitting in the ferry terminal, waiting for my boat to morocco. please pray for me! i´m pretty nervous, and i am already weary of everyone around, thinking they are just here to rip me off or steal my stuff. obviously i do need to be careful, aware, and wise, but this is just plain paranoia. argh! pray that i will really enjoy my trip and not just be anxious, especially the first day, since i don´t meet my tour group until tomorrow afternoon. and pray for travel mercies in general...

so i took the overnight train from madrid to algeciras yesterday... and the line from cordoba to algeciras was broken, perhaps from the tons of rain we´ve gotten. anyway, they made us all get off at 445am in cordoba and put us on a bus. not quite the same as a bed on a train. but we did make it to algeciras, about 3 hrs late. good thing i didn´t realy have any plans! so i went to gibraltar in the afternoon. but it rained, and i was tired, adn the cable car to the top wasn´t working, so i just sat in the botanic gardens and read a bit. not too shabby, but i certainly dídn´t realy "experience" gibraltar. oh, well.

oh, and i´m going to oklahoma-texas a week after i get back, for about a week, for rachel´s wedding. woohoo!! see you ou/hgm/tx folk soon! anyone want to take me to the okc airport at 5am tues, nov 14? or want to give me a place to stay during that weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The title of your post has me humming the song "(We're Off On) The Road to Morocco." In case you're not up to speed on WWII-era movies, that was one of the songs in the side-splitting "Road to Morocco," made in 1942 and starring Bing Crosby and Bob Hope :). I hope you have a wonderful (and less smelly!) time in Africa!