Monday, December 08, 2008

short story.

ok, so at the beginning of the quarter, i went to the bookstore to buy my books that i needed, and found a lot of other interesting books, too. one of the "extra" books was an old, used copy of a book called "rural development: putting the last first." it sounds like a lot of what Jesus said (right?), when He said the first should be last and the last should be first. so i was happy i found such a great book for $10!

well, then my class started, and i skimmed the book and realized that it's pretty outdated and that development theory has come a loooong way since 1983, when that book was published. also, the guy isn't even a Christian! so much to my dismay, that Bible verse isn't even in the book! sad! what a waste of $10!

so now i'm writing my final paper for my poverty and development class. on my last paper, one of the comments was that i need to use the original source for material, not my professor's book, where he talks about all these other guys. i should go back to the original place the other guy said it if want to quote or reference it. and lo and behold, i'm writing the paper on sunday nite (the day before it's due), and i need the original source on something this guy said. crap, the library's closed.

OH WAIT!!! I HAVE THAT BOOK!!!!! SWEETNESS!!
so now i have the source i need for this one reference for my paper. woohoo!

No comments: