Sunday, August 16, 2009

today

before i even got out of bed today, i begged God to do something, to speak to me, to somehow do something big in me. and i think, in a weird way, He answered my prayer.

this week has been one of the hardest for me in a long time. which isn't to say anything, really, except that life is just hard sometimes.

but in the end, all i can do is live life one day at a time. part of me hates that, and i know that i want to fix all of my future right now. and part of me knows there is wisdom in planning ahead, too. but for now, all i can do is live today.

God has proven Himself to me with little graces yet again. yesterday, both of my coworkers greeted me with a hug. both of them hugged me goodnight at the end of the night. i've never hugged either one before, and when i saw them both tonight, there was no hugging. it was just a small, simple thing, for yesterday.

i have had several realizations this week that are tiny, but eventually will lead somewhere big. i am confident in that. in the midst of the craziness, there are small slivers of sanity that pull me through.

and so, today, i am choosing to trust God for the grace for today. i will choose to trust that He will give me all that i need for today. i will choose to trust that today, i will have enough, that He will be enough for me, and that i will not fall apart today.

No comments: