Saturday, May 13, 2006

hmmm...

so i'm not really sure what i'm doing now. odu is kind of giving me the run around on the teaching stuff, so it will take me a year and a half. and i'm not really even sure i want to do it.

so there is an option to get a certificate in gis at odu, which looks interesting.

thanks to all who have been praying for me. i needed it and still do.

congrats to all my friends who graduated from college this weekend or last! i'm so proud of you all. i'm excited to see where you go next, and be sure to keep me updated!

tonite, i'd really like to just curl up with a good book with the windows open and a candle or two burning. hmmm...

thanks for your patience as i try to figure out my life. i really hate to think that this is what the rest of my life could be like... never knowing more than 5 weeks in advance what i'm doing. in the past year, that is about all i've known. i appreciate your patience with me as i try to figure a lot of stuff out and seek some sort of balance with the craziness of life and my head.

so, question. where is the balance between trusting God to provide, and taking initiative to do or get something myself? where does He begin and i end? i was thinking about this as i drove home... for example, how hard do i really have to search for a job? do i take the first one i'm offered? do i assume the highest paying one is the one i take? what about just getting a job at hardees, or some other minimum wage job? how much responsibility do i take for my financial status, and how much is left up to God? i know "God helps those who help themselves" is not a Biblical truth by any stretch, but it seems to make sense in this case... i dunno. i don't have the answers, and i only have a job for 5 more weeks, so i'm thinking about it a lot.

oh God, oh God, help!!

No comments: