Tuesday, May 16, 2006

owwww

so my legs ached a bit today after my run yesterday, so i was anxious to run again. i wanted to stretch 'em out and work out some of the soreness. yeah... didn't happen. i could still see my house when the running stopped. i groaned in disappointment. but i sorta kept going... i went the mile around the loop back to my house, but walked more of it than i jogged.

then i got in my car and measured how far it was that i went yesterday... in 1.7 inches of rain... 2.7 miles. fun stuff!

so i realized that here in VB, we are about 4 weeks (or more) behind oklahoma, weather-wise. well, spring/summer heat-wise. the weather that greets oklahoma at OU graduation time (may 13) will meet us high-school graduation time (june 17). it is freaking cold here and i want it to be warm!!!

i saw a quote on lynn's AIM profile that i'd like to claim for me... at least give it a good thinkin' on.
"I'd like to quit thinking of the present as some minor insignificant preamble to something else." --Sean

i think i officially decided today that teaching isn't for me. i think i'm ok with walking out of school on friday, june 16 and never stepping into a high school again. at least until i have kids. we'll see how long this lasts, or if i end up subbing next fall. if i have other things to do, it might be fine, but as a "full time" job, it is waaay too boring for me.

that's all, folks!

No comments: