Sunday, November 18, 2007

life, continued

so i finished my fuller app this week, thank goodness!! i am glad to have it done! i'd been "working" on it for a month and a half. i sent off the transcript request, asked 3 people to be my references, wrote my essays, and paid my $75.

my boss is leaving as of jan 1. that could be good or bad. we will miss her, for sure!

my sister and bro-in-law arrive tomorrow for 5 days for thanksgiving. that should be good. i got my work schedule switched a bit so i'll have more time with them.

2 friends are joining my family for thanksgiving dinner. i'm excited about that! i'm going to a thanksgiving dinner tonite with my community group. i'm pretty excited about that, too. i baked a caramel apple pie and mint brownies. yum! i love to bake and am thankful for the reason! the whole potluck-thanksgiving-among-friends reminds me of my meteorology days, and the "movie night" gang doing the same. good times.

i'm craving more adventure. i want to travel more. i am going to nyc with my mom in 2 weeks, but she's never been, so i'm leaving most of it up to her, letter her choose what we do. hmmm... more adventure, more adventure...

that's about it for the moment.
so i'll leave you with the lyrics to jeremy riddle's "sweetly broken":
To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing

For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

Chorus:

In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

1 comment:

aggierudy3 said...

Wow, your baking sounds yummy! Jason and I went hiking this weekend at Colorado Bend State Park. I hope we reach the point someday when we could justify coming up your way to camp. Your trip with Elizabeth et al sounded like so much fun.