Tuesday, April 18, 2006

oh. my. goodness.

i'm not really sure that life can get much crazier than it is right now. unless you added a husband, which is no where near the picture, so guess i can breathe a sigh of relief. so, here's a recap of the last few weeks:

went on a freakin' awesome road trip. 10 states. 10 gas tank fill-ups. 3600 miles. a bazillion people visited or seen. that's probably my record for number of meals eaten out in a row. it was the best spring break ever, and i'm not even in school! i felt so loved by all my friends. i am a quality time person to the nth degree, and that's all i had all week - quality time! so great! all my hosts were wonderful, i got to see a few friends that i hadn't seen in over a year, and i basically said goodbye to oklahoma. i'm really not sure if i'll ever be back there. i certainly hope so, and i wouldn't doubt it for weddings or such, but i really doubt i'll ever live there again. but then again, my plans and visions for the future pretty much mean squat. which brings me to my next point:

i'm staying in Virginia Beach for a while. like a year or two, at least, i think.

and i'm moving out. not that i don't love my parents and i don't have a sweet deal going on here, i'm just ready to be on my own again. any of you girls in VB looking for a roommate?

and if i move out, i need a better paying job. so i'm looking into something in GIS, but i really just barely started looking, and i have no idea what i'll end up with. anyone have any good job leads? i'm committed at the school through mid-june, so i've got 9 weeks to figure something out.

and did i mention i'm going back to school? after having a phone interview with pioneers today, i found out that they require 30 hours of Bible credits. that's about a year of full-time study or about 10 classes. so i've also just begun the search for good schools with distance learning programs. not that i wouldn't go to regent, it's just not in the top 10 of available choices. it may move up the list later, but for now, i'm content to keep my distance. so, anyone been there and done that and have any good advice for me?

so with all that, i'm exhausted. and my head hurts. and quite honestly, i'm a little disappointed that i'm not more excited about it. i was really excited about it for a week (the moving out part), but maybe i'm just so tired right now that i can't be excited. and i was excited to get back and "make a difference!" at school, but today was just blah. and so was yesterday. and the teacher i'm in for tomorrow is a little nutzo, but she teaches geography and the kids have a test on friday, so we're reviewing southern african geography using bingo! that's sounding like the highlight, by far, of my week. craziness!

but then there's 1830. man, i am so so so so so so excited to get back to it. :-D no, really, i feel like God has dropped a lot in my heart concerning 1830, but i'm still sorting it out and talking thru it and all that jazz... it's all a mess in my head for now.

um, yeah, so thanks to all the folks that helped me along my way.
i think i'll say goodnite now before i completely ramble and say something really really stupid.

No comments: