Friday, March 09, 2007

yuck

so besides my long run monday, i haven't run all week. i'm lazy. it's cold. i'm sick of it being cold. i just haven't made myself do it. uuugh. the race next week (!) is going to kill me.

in other news, one starbucks rejected me, so i applied at another one. it's been a week and i haven't heard anything. i've subbed more than "usual"... 4 days last week, 3 this week, and a job lined up for mon already.

my kids my first 2 blocks today were excellent... well, much better than i would have attributed to 9th grade core/inclusion english students. first block was apparently amazing, according to the inclusion TA. second block was so quiet! it helped that there were 6 absent. they thought they had a project due today, so one kid thought that's why so many didn't show. i had a study block 3rd block... SO much better than the cafeteria duty i was supposed to have! then 4th block... man, oh man... i wrote a really long note to the teacher that started with "HOLY COW!! I am amazed that you actually try to teach these kids all the time! This is the perfect example of "one bad apple ruins the bunch"!" for serious.

and i'll miss my 2 favorite girls who aren't going to be at 1830 tonite. argh.

so the doorbell rang a few mins ago, and as i stood up to open it, i tripped over my laptop cord and bit it hard. i actually ripped a hole in my jeans on the corner of the coffee table. the same corner tried to rip into my leg, and i immediately got one of those swollen purple bruises. i have a frozen steak on it now, but it's going to be painful for a while.

looking back on it, today really wasn't that bad. on my lunch break, one teacher walked in and said, "i hear you're a good sub! news travels fast around here!" before yesterday, i've never subbed at that school, so fast, indeed! but it was just the compliment that got me thru 4th block.

i need a nap. i'm going to be pretty crabby at 1830 tonite, i can already tell. as "anonymous" says, "why do church relationshits have to be so hard?!"

on that happy note, please pray for me. i have to decide in the next few weeks about a possible missions trip this summer. i really want to go, but it will cost more than all 7 of my other trips combined. yeah, seriously. plus, i am afraid i want to go for the wrong reasons. please pray that God will make it clear if i'm supposed to go or not, and if so, that He would direct all our steps and provide abundantly for all our needs - financial, political, spiritual, emotional, health-ical (sorry, i just had to!), etc.

signed, needing a TON more of Jesus,
d

No comments: